A few weeks ago our Power Rankings had a heavy positive slant. This week? We’re putting every team on blast for their shortcomings!
Let’s make the WCHA Great Again.
- Bemidji State: The Beavers are just 1-3 in their last four games including giving Princeton their first wins in a sweep in Bemidji. There’s starting to be cracks in the foundation of the Beavers.
- Michigan Tech: Michigan Tech has a very pedestrian scoring offense, fifth in the WCHA, relying on their defense to carry them offensively. MTU will need to be more well-rounded to catch the Beavers.
- Minnesota State: MSU gave up eight goals last weekend against Alaska. That’s more than 25% of the Nanooks total WCHA scoring this season.
- Bowling Green: The Falcons have yet to live up to the lofty expectations they were gifted at the beginning of the season. BG will need to be near perfect and get some help to catch Bemidji.
- Lake Superior: LSSU can’t put together a complete weekend to save their lives. That lack of consistency has been their downfall this season.
- Ferris State: Speaking of expectations, who had the Bulldogs slotted at 6-10-1 this season? Do they have another playoff push in them this year?
- Alabama-Huntsville: The Chargers are 1-4-1 in their last six games, and their best goalie has a 3.06 GAA. UAH isn’t in the cellar, but they’re not exactly at the top of the stairs either.
- Alaska: They’re not exactly scoring a ton of goals and their goaltending isn’t exactly stopping a lot of goals. They’ve only got four wins on the year, but will probably slide into the playoffs.
- Alaska-Anchorage: Olivier Mantha has already had to stop 440 shots this season. Without the talented goaltender the Seawolves would be lost at sea (sorry).
- Northern Michigan: Nothing has gone easy for the Wildcats this season, and that doesn’t seem to be changing anytime soon if they don’t find any consistency.